Join Our Mailing List(s)!
Know about upcoming SF Bay Area WNC workshops, dialogues and updates through our infrequent emails by joining our mailing list! We will send an email or two each month with updates about next events. You can always follow this same link to unsubscribe later.
You may also want to join our (variably busy) action list! This list aims to support those in our community who want to engage more actively in the emerging movement and includes more frequent updates and information about actions that WNC organizes and those from other community groups. Feel free to send us info on racial justice related events you are organizing that would be open to and appropriate for our community members.
Dialogues are only open to participants of past workshops and dialogues. Please see here for a fuller description of what our dialogues are, and our new policy. To RSVP for a dialogue, join our email list and reply when the invite is sent out! Location changes each month. If you missed a dialogue, you can check out most of the dialogue notes here.
- January 31: Challenges, Resistances, and Mutual Aid in a Time of Fascism
- February 21: Aftermath of the Women’s March
- March 21: Cross-Class Organizing in the Trump Era
- May 16th: Ethics of All-White Racial Justice Spaces (with STAND)
- June 20th: White Feminists and the Use of Intersectionality: Critiques from Feminists of Color
- July18th: Book Group, discussing Jordan Flaherty’s book No More Heroes: Grassroots Challenges to the Savior Mentality
- August 1st: August Dialogue: Examining Settler Colonialism
- September 19: Responding to this Political Moment
- October 17: Building a Culture of Resistance to State Repression
- November 14th: Climate Change, Environmental Racism and Responding to (Un)natural Disasters
- December 12th: It’s the White Savior Complex Time of Year
- Difficult Conversations with SURJ
- Dec. 2: Antidotes to White Fragility
Sunday, November 5th 6-9 PM: Prison Abolition Movie NightClick here to RSVP, location TBD with RSVPJoin us for a screening of a series of short films from Critical Resistance on the Prison Industrial Complex (PIC), featuring movement leaders sharing stories and visions. This is a joint gathering with our friends at Black and Pink, an opportunity to watch a series of short films on the PIC, followed by dialogue.